PVT simulation course for Reservoir Engineers
Kuala Lumpur: 4 July 2017 - 6 July 2017
The course will cover all key elements of PVT simulation including (but not limited to)
- Sampling of reservoir fluids
- Sampling techniques for different types of reservoirs/fluids
- Bottom hole sampling vs. separator sampling
- General fluid handling in PVTsim
- Input to PVTsim & QC of fluid compositions
- Compositional analysis and recombination
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- PVT experiments and PVT reports
- OBM cleaning and use of contaminated data
- PVT experiments
- Classical PVT experiments
- PVT experiments with gas injection (EOR)
- Navigating a PVT lab report
- EOS PVT modelling of petroleum fluids
- Regression to PVT and viscosity data
- Regression to gas injection EOR data
- Recommended workflow for EOS modeling in PVTsim
- Single fluid EoS model
- Common EoS modeling
- Compositional variation with depth
- Input to reservoir simulators
- Eclipse, IMEX/GEM, VIP, Nexus, tNavigator, Prosper, etc.
The theory will be presented in lectures and exemplified through hands-on exercises in the use of PVTsim. After taking the class participants will know how to QC fluid compositions, make regressions to PVT data and will also have knowledge of the best practices for EOS modeling. Participants will also know how to utilize PVTsim's capabilities for calculations on wax, hydrate and asphaltene appearance.
Who Should Participate
Engineers engaged in reservoir simulations, production operations, PVT laboratory measurements and others interested in applying PVT simulation software for calculation of oil and gas phase behavior and fluid properties. With its mix of theory and practice the course is appropriate for those who want to learn to use PVTsim as well as those mainly interested in PVT simulation models.
Time and Location
The course will be held at Calsep Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd Office at Suite 19-05, G-Tower, 199 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur. The course starts at 9:00 am each course day.
The course fee is USD 3,000 and includes tea/coffee, refreshments, lunch, lecture notes, and software access fee.
Registration and More Information
Registration deadline is: June 9th 2017. Payment deadline to confirm registration is Jun 23rd , 2017.
Full course fee refund if cancellation received more than 2 weeks before course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation received less than 2 weeks before course starts.
For Further Information
For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact Adil Pottayil, Calsep Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd, Suite 19-05, G-Tower, 199 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Phone: +60 3 2162 6551, Fax: +60 3 2162 1553, e-mail:Adil Pottayil