PVT Simulation for Reservoir Engineers
Houston: 9 October 2018 - 11 October 2018
This course covers EOS modeling from the stage of fluid sampling until export to external reservoir simulator or other third-party software. It will show how to quality check and characterize fluid compositions and make the best use of experimental data in PVT modeling. The final day of the course will focus on subsurface applications such as EOR studies, common EoS for multiple fluids, and fluid communication studies.
The course is a mix of presentations and demonstrations of PVTsim combined with hands-on exercises using PVTsim.
The following topics will be covered
General fluid handling
- Input to PVTsim and QC of fluid compositions
- Compositional analysis and recombination
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Viscosity models and Non-Newtonian viscosities
PVT Data & Regression
- Cleaning OBM contaminated samples
- Classical PVT experiments
- EOR experiments and MMP simulations
- Regression to standard PVT experiments and viscosity data
- Regression to gas injection EOR data
- Single fluid EoS model
- Common EoS modeling
- Compositional variations with depth
Input to reservoir simulators
- Eclipse, CMG, Prosper, etc.
Who Should Participate
Engineers engaged in reservoir simulations, production operations, laboratory staff and others interested in simulating oil and gas fluid properties.
Time and Location
The course will be held at Calsep Inc Office at:
10370 Richmond Ave., Suite 1375
Houston, TX 77042 USA
Tel: +1 281 759 0844
Fax: +1 281 759 0845
The course starts at 8:30 am on each course day.
The course fee is USD 2,600 and includes tea/coffee, refreshments, lunch, lecture notes, and software access fee.
Registration deadline is: September 24th 2018. Payment deadline to confirm registration is October 1st 2018.
Full course fee refund if cancellation is received more than 2 weeks before the course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation is received less than 2 weeks before the course starts.
For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact Sukit Leekumjorn