PVT Simulation for Reservoir Engineers
Houston: 26 February 2019 - 28 February 2019
Fluid compositions and experimental PVT data are the basic input for simulations in PVTsim. The user of a PVT simulator should therefore have knowledge of how the data is measured, how to use and interpret experimental PVT data as well as to operate the PVT simulator. The course covers EoS modeling from the stage of sampling until the export of the final EoS model to a reservoir simulator or other third party software. The course participants will use the Automated QC and the Automated EoS Apps which decrease the time required to generate a robust EoS model, all the while using Calsep’s recommended EoS modeling workflow. The aim of the course is to provide knowledge of how to best make use of the experimental PVT data for equation of state modeling in PVTsim.
The course will be presented in lectures and demonstrations coupled with hands-on exercises in the use of PVTsim Nova.
The following topics will be covered:
- Fluid handling
- Input to PVTsim and QC of fluid compositions
- Compositional analysis and recombination
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Clean for oil based mud contamination
- PVT experiments
- Classical PVT experiments
- PVT experiments with gas injection (EOR)
- Navigating a PVT lab report
- PVTsim Nova Apps
- Automated QC
- Automated EoS
- Separation process on a production stream
- PVT modeling
- Regression to PVT and viscosity data
- Regression to gas injection EOR data
- Recommended workflow for EOS modeling in PVTsim
- Single fluid EoS model
- Common EoS modeling
- Compositional variation with depth
- Input to reservoir simulators
- Eclipse, IMEX/GEM, VIP, Nexus, tNavigator, Prosper, etc.
- Customized solutions for reservoir engineering applications
Who Should Participate
Engineers engaged in reservoir simulations, production engineers, laboratory staff and others interested in applying PVT simulation software for calculation of oil and gas phase behavior and fluid properties. With its mix of theory and practice the course is appropriate for those who want to learn to use PVTsim as well as those mainly interested in PVT simulation methods.
Time and Location
The course will be held at Calsep Inc Office at:
10370 Richmond Ave., Suite 1375
Houston, TX 77042 USA
Tel: +1 281 759 0844
Fax: +1 281 759 0845
The course starts at 8:30 am on each course day.
The course fee is USD 2,600 and includes tea/coffee, refreshments, lunch, lecture notes, and software access fee.
Registration/Cancellation Policy/FuRther Information
Full course fee refund if cancellation is received more than 2 weeks before the course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation is received less than 2 weeks before the course starts.
For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact Sukit Leekumjorn. +1-281-759-0844